A treadmill is to a home gym like peanut butter is to jelly. They just go together so well. Many underestimate its utility, but a treadmill is a crucial piece of equipment to chase away the winter blues when you are stuck inside to exercise. Treadmills can be expensive, though, which is why these Prime Day treadmill deals are so critical. Remember, though: Prime Day — and the Prime Day deals that came with it — ends just before midnight, so time is running out!
Today’s best Prime Day treadmill deals
- Merax Easy Assembly Folding Treadmill — $320, was $400
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill — $496, was $529
- Fitnation Slim Line Treadmill — $550, was $899
- Gymax 2.25HP Electric Folding Fitness Treadmill — $620, was $1,000
- TR6.6 Treadmill — $1,200, was $2,000
- 7.8 AT TREADMILL — $1,999, was $2,699
- Freemotion t8.9b Treadmill — $3,599, was $6,599
How to choose a treadmill
You want to be armed with knowledge about what type of treadmill you’ll need and how much you’ll need to spend. Deals come fast and furious. You should do your homework and be ready to buy it, so you don’t miss out on a Prime Day treadmill deal. First and foremost is size. Most treadmills have a footprint of 77 inches in length and 35 inches in width. You need to have adequate room to move around the treadmill safely. Some treadmills fold up for storage, allowing you to fit the treadmill in a smaller area.
Another consideration is the treadmill deck itself. The deck is the portion on which you walk or run. If you are a runner, you will need a longer deck, while some who walks can get away with a shorter deck. Some decks also have shock absorbers that provide some cushioning while you run. Those who want to vary their workout may want to pay extra for a treadmill with variable speed and incline features. The average treadmill has a top speed of 10 to 12 mph and an incline of up to 15 percent, though some go faster and steeper.
Nowadays, treadmills are connected. You can connect with Bluetooth headphones, iPhones, and more to the treadmill. They also connect to the internet and can upload your workouts to an online service for analysis. The latest craze in treadmill fitness is training. Many treadmills now offer subscriptions to live and recorded activities featuring professional athletes and trainers. More than just workouts, these workouts are organized into training plans that help you run a 5K or finish a marathon.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best cheap treadmill deals for February 2021
- The best treadmills for January 2021
- Best cheap elliptical machine deals for February 2021
- Best Cheap NordicTrack home fitness and exercise equipment deals for February 2021
- Best deals on Bowflex fitness equipment for January 2021