Both gamers and developers have started turning their attention towards the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, but that doesn’t mean that no more games are in the pipeline for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. There’s also a lot of highly anticipated titles on the way for the Nintendo Switch. No matter your console of choice, there’s still a lot of gaming on the horizon. Retailers will keep rolling out video game deals for the previous-generation consoles, even as the demand shifts to games for their successors. If you’ve already upgraded to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, you should always be on the lookout for offers that will help jumpstart your collections. Meanwhile, those who are staying on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch for now will want to keep looking for video games as they tap into the established libraries of their preferred consoles. Whatever genre you prefer and whatever platform you’re on, you’ll surely find a video game worth your while, if you know where to look. You can check out our top picks for the best video game deals below!
- Access all fighters, including DLCs
- Customize your characters
- Two cinematic story campaigns
- Engage in other modes like Towers of Time
The Ultimate Edition of Mortal Kombat 11 includes all of the game’s 37 fighters, including add-on characters like Shao Kahn, The Joker, Robocop, and Mileena, and you have nearly infinite customizations options for more personalized fighting strategies. Among the changes that you can make for each character include skins, gear, and special abilities, plus taunts and brutalities that you can earn. Stop Kronika from rewinding time and changing history in the game’s two story campaigns, or test your skills with the challenges offered in the Towers of Time.
- Unleash superstars’ moves and finishers
- Build your brand in MyGM
- Go on the WWE journey in MyRise
- Celebrate Rey Mysterio’s career in 2K Showcase
Dig deep into an arsenal of moves and finishers with the full roster of superstars and legends in WWE 2K22, which features redesigned controls and graphics. Call the shots as a WWE general manager in MyGM, where you can set up rivalries and draft your ultimate lineup as you go up against the general managers of the other WWE brands. You can create a character and rise up the ranks in MyRISE, and collect and manage superstars in the all-new MyFACTION. If you’re a fan of Rey Mysterio, you can celebrate this career in 2K Showcase.
- Realistic games with HyperMotion technology
- Lead a team to the championship in Career Mode
- Live the life of a professional player in Player Career Mode
- Take advantage of additional features like the revamped goalkeeper system
FIFA 22 focuses on providing a realistic soccer experience with next-generation HyperMotion technology, which utilizes advanced full-team mo-cap data to revolutionize how players move on the field, and machine learning that writes new animations from advanced match capture. Create a club and lead it to the championship in Career Mode, or immerse yourself in the life of a professional player in Player Career Mode. Additional gameplay features, including a revamped goalkeeper system, improved ball physics, and new attacking tactics, set the tone for every match in FIFA 22.
- 48 more courses on the way
- Play locally with friends or in online multiplayer
- Take advantage of the power-ups on the track
- Get help with the Auto Accelerate and Smart Steering features
With the announcement of DLC that will add 48 more courses, now’s a great time to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because of the renewed interest in the racing game’s online multiplayer mode. You can also play locally with up to four players, zooming through tracks that are filled with obstacles to avoid, and power-ups to pick up and use against your opponents. For experts, the fastest 200cc racing class is made available from the start, while for beginners, you can activate Auto Accelerate and Smart Steering to help you finish races.
- Adorable graphics and soundtrack
- Save Donkey Kong Island from invaders
- Use the unique abilities of Donkey Kong and his family
- Breeze through the game with Funky Kong
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, originally released for the Nintendo Wii U, brings its delightful graphics and amazing soundtrack to the Nintendo Switch. It’s up to you to save the day as invaders have turned Donkey Kong Island into their fortress. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong need to work together to defeat enemies and complete stages. The game’s Nintendo Switch version adds Funky Mode, which unlocks the surfing skills, extra hearts, and unique abilities of Funky Kong to make the game much easier to complete.
- Adorable stage design
- Find all the hidden treasures
- Play the levels in reverse
- Play co-op with a friend
Yoshi’s Crafted World features stages that are made from everyday objects, including boxes, paper cups, and tape. You’ll have to guide Yoshi through the obstacles and help him defeat enemies as he goes on a treasure hunt to find all the collectibles hidden in every level. After completing the stage, you can play them backward, which provides new perspectives and unlocks new ways to get to previously unseen items. You can play solo, or you can hand a Joy-Con to a friend for co-op play. There are various costumes for Yoshi that you can unlock, some of which are pretty hilarious.
- Best Gaming PC Deals: Save on Alienware and HP
- Best MacBook deals: Save on MacBook Air and MacBook Pro
- Best Chromebook deals: Get a new laptop from $99
- This Dell gaming laptop just got a big price cut — now $700
- Xbox Series S is cheaper now than it was on Black Friday