The season 10, week 3 challenges have arrived in Fortnite, and the theme this week is called Worlds Collide. That’s appropriate seeing as the challenges we’ll be tackling this week involve Rift Zones, which are locations that take you back to a time when the Battle Royale map looked much different. We’ll be covering both normal and prestige Rift Zone missions, along with a quick explainer on what to expect.
- Turn up the heat in Fortnite with our season 10, week 4 hot spot challenge guide
- How to get the Major Lazer skin in Fortnite
- Fortnite season 10, week 2 challenges: Spray different gas stations
But before we go into detail about what Rift Zones are and where you can find them, we’ll first go over all the weekly challenges players can find in Fortnite: Battle Royale this go around.
Fortnite season 10, week 3 challenges
There are a total of seven objectives for players to complete this week in the Worlds Collide mission set. You can find the full list below:
- Use a rift
- Visit a rift zone
- Deal 200 damage to opponents at a mountaintop Viking Village or Loot Lake
- Visit a memorial to the cube in the desert or by a lake
- Eliminate three opponents in the desert
- Search three chests at Loot Lake
- Consume 10 foraged mushrooms on the map
As with the other weekly missions this season, Epic Games also released some prestige challenges for players to complete upon finishing the normal versions. You can find the full list of prestige missions for week three below:
- Use four rifts
- Search five chests in rift zones
- Eliminate three opponents at a mountaintop Viking Village or Loot Lake
- Visit the cube memorials in the desert and by a lake
- Eliminate four opponents at Paradise Palms or Fatal Fields
- Search seven chests at Loot Lake or Lucky Landing
- Consume five foraged mushrooms in a single match
Visit a Rift Zone challenge explained
One of the big challenges this week is to visit a rift zone. To complete this challenge, you will first need to understand what a rift zone is. Rift zones were added with the release of season 10, and each week rifts appear and warp an existing named location to somewhere else.
This week a rift zone appeared at Mega Mall and took players back to Retail Row, the location it was known as before season nine. Your job is to visit one of these rift zones in a match, and considering how simple the normal challenge is, you can do it in any mode you like as it won’t take long to complete.
As for the prestige version, you are going to want to do this in any big team mode like Team Rumble to allow you enough time to complete the challenge. In addition, it’s best that you do both versions with teammates, if possible, since the places you’re going to go to are hot zones where lots of other players will be.
Rift Zone locations in Fortnite
As of right now, there are only two locations that you can find a rift zone at. This could change throughout the course of the season as more are added but here is where you can find the current rift zone locations:
- Tilted Town (formerly known as Neo Tilted)
- Retail Row (formerly known as Mega Mall)
All you need to do is head to either of these locations and you will complete this challenge.
How to complete the Visit a Rift Zone prestige mission
Once you have completed the normal mission, you can tackle the prestige mission that requires you to search five chests in rift zones. This doesn’t have to be in a single match and it can be spread between both Tilted Town and Retail Row.
We recommend doing this as a group with other players because there will be a lot of players heading to those two locations for these challenges.
Visit a Rift zone mission reward
If you didn’t already know, rewards work differently this season. There are no specific rewards, instead, you’ll get a reward based on how many challenges you’ve done this week. Here are the possible rewards this week for season 10, week three challenges:
- Completing one challenge: 10 battle stars
- Two challenges: 10 battle stars
- Three challenges: 10 battle stars
- Four challenges: 5,000 experience
- Five challenges: 10 more battle stars
- Six challenges: 10 battle stars
- All seven challenges: Special glider
- How to mark enemies in Fortnite
- How to find lightsabers in Fortnite
- How to damage opponents with the Lock On Pistol in Fortnite
- How to give specialist a command in Fortnite
- A list of all the Fortnite augments, and how to use them