Prime Day is finally here and you’re itching to go nuts on a spending spree, right? If you’ve been considering buying a new gaming chair, we have tons of great Prime Day deals for you here. This is the ideal time to purchase a new piece of furniture for your den or study with a plethora of excellent Prime Day gaming chair deals, and there are less than 24 hours left on the sale to grab one.
Today’s best Prime Day gaming chair deals
- BestOffice High-Back Gaming Chair — $85, was $100
- Staples Emerge Vortex Bonded Leather Gaming Chair — $100, was $200
- Homall Gaming Chair — $139, was $170
- Respawn RSP-125 Sidewinder Gaming Chair — $185, was $499
- Respawn RSP-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner — $284, was $730
- Corsair T1 Race Gaming Chair — $320, was $350
- Atlantic Dardashti Ergonomic Gaming Chair — $468, was $500
How to choose a gaming chair
If you’ve been considering purchasing a gaming chair for a while, this is the ideal opportunity. There are lots of great Prime Day gaming chair deals going on, but you still need to make sure you get the right chair for you. It’s important to consider some key factors before hitting that buy button.
Typically, all gaming chairs offer bucket seats. These allow your back to be well supported for hours with minimal hassle. However, it’s also important to supplement this with some other extra features.
Look out for gaming chairs with plenty of adjustment options. It’s important to be able to adjust the height, for instance. We’re all different sizes and if you end up with a chair adjusted to the wrong height, it can mess up your general posture very badly.
Alongside that, you need adjustable armrests so that these can line up well with the position of your arms, no matter how tall or short you may be. By being able to rest your elbows effectively, tension from your shoulders is relieved and typing or gaming will feel much more comfortable.
Once your chair arrives and you’ve assembled it, you’ll want to adjust these settings immediately so it suits you.
There are other types of chairs out there besides bucket seats. A gaming chair is a rocking chair kind of seat. They don’t have legs or wheels and are typically pivoted toward console gamers. However, they’re often not as ergonomically designed as a bucket chair.
Ultimately, whatever you choose, armrests are one of the most important things. Like we said, if you sit awkwardly and hurt your elbows, that pain will gravitate to the rest of your body. You’ll be both amazed at how much elbows can affect everything and disappointed in yourself for getting your posture wrong and ending up in pain.
Lastly, don’t forget the aesthetics. You want a color scheme that suits the rest of your gaming room, and you might want to consider the materials used. For instance, leather chairs are the most durable and spill-proof option but fabric ones tend to be more comfortable for long sessions. Think carefully about what suits you.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best cheap gaming chair deals for January 2021: AKRacing, Respawn, and more
- The best cheap office chair deals for January 2021
- The best Cyber Week gaming chair deals for 2020
- Best Black Friday gaming chair deals 2020: AKRacing and GT Omega
- Razer’s immersive gaming chair wraps your head in a 60-inch rollable OLED screen