You can now watch Disney+ shows like The Mandalorian together with your friends virtually through the streaming service’s new GroupWatch feature.
The feature allows up to seven people to simultaneously watch the same show or movie on Disney+ by syncing screens. You can also share emoji reactions with your friends while watching.
You can connect with any of your friends who are monthly Disney+ subscribers. While you can’t see or message your friends with GroupWatch, Disney reportedly wants to add a chat feature in the future.
How to use GroupWatch on Disney+
- Open up the app or website and choose which show or movie you want to watch.
- Click on the icon with three people that’s located to the far right of the Play icon.
- Send the invite link that pops up to your friends via text, email, or any other messaging option.
- After everyone has the link and is added, any of the participants can click on Start Stream.
- While watching, anyone can pause, fast forward, or rewind the stream.
Digital Trends reached out to Disney to find out if and when more features, such as a chat option, would be available to GroupWatch. We will update this story when we hear back.
Disney is the latest streaming service to have a shared stream feature available: Netflix has the third-party Netflix Party and Amazon has Amazon Prime Video Watch Party. These options have gained even more popularity during the pandemic since people are limited to physically hanging out with their friends or family, but can still enjoy a movie night together virtually.
- What’s new on Paramount+ in June 2023
- What is Paramount Plus? Price, plans, and what you can watch
- UFC live stream: How to watch UFC from anywhere, legally
- How to watch the Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid live stream
- How to watch the Coachella 2023 Weekend 2 free live stream