With an impressive field of co-op games and a growing list of cross-platform games on the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox, we are in the golden age of multiplayer gaming. But in-depth single-player adventures are still at the core of what makes gaming great. Whether you’re looking to dive into a glorious open world alone or just need something to hold you over until your friends are back online, we’ve put together a list of the best solo games that will keep you locked in for a long adventure.
From demonic, space-age shooters to slower-paced fantasy RPGs, these are some of our favorite single-player games to check out right now.
- How to transfer data from your PS4 to PS5
- PS5 trophies: Everything you need to know
- The best open-world games for PS5
Is there any game more stylish than Persona 5? Everything about this turn-based RPG is incredible, from the music to the art, and the writing. This game meshes social interactions with turn-based combat/dungeon-crawling, and it’s done so well. The narrative itself is deep and gritty — even uncomfortable at times — but it has a ton of heart. Over the course of this 100-hour RPG, you’ll meet a slew of characters, and collect various Personas, which are similar to Pokémon. You can fuse Persona together, give them new moves, and use them to battle bosses along the way. If you’re into JRPGs, this is an absolute must-play.
- Marvel Snap Battle Mode: How to play Marvel Snap with friends
- Best Gaming PC Deals: Save on RTX 3070, 3080, 3090 PCs
- The best PS5 controllers for 2023
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023 and beyond
- PS Plus adds Evil Dead, OlliOlli World, and more in February