The ’80s were, like, a long time ago. But everything from then is way cool again. Back then, games went from blocky bleeps and bloops to sweet side-scrollers like Super Mario Bros. And the mostexcellent NES saved the day for the video game industry. Bonus!
“I mean, Donkey Kong and Pac-Man? These are, like, the best games ever,” says Perrin “Mallrat” Kaplan, Nintendo of America’s vice president, marketing and corporate affairs. “And if you aren’t justdying to get your hands on the gnarly new Classic NES Limited Edition GBA SP, you’re a total dweeb.”
OK, so let’s break it down: The bodacious new Game Boy Advance SP has the same guts and everything as a regular one, but its casing looks just like the NES. And it’s still at an MSRP of $99.99. Besure to get to the mall, like, really early, because it’s a “limited edition.”
The Classic NES Series, which you totally have to get, includes all the hottest retro games, each one at an MSRP of $19.99. Check it out:
- Donkey Kong: The best game featuring a plumber rescuing a princess from a big ape pretty much ever.
- Pac-Man: Hel-lo? If you don’t know this game then where have you been?
- The Legend of Zelda: Dude! How classic can you get? The righteous Link whips Ganon and saves Zelda. Link rules!
- Super Mario Bros.: There are pipes and coins and these grody goombas and you just stomp away.
- Excitebike: It’s a rad motocross racing game that lets you rip around a track and kick up dirt and stuff.
- Ice Climber: Like, duh. You climb the ice and whack monsters.
- Xevious: Go to space and shoot stuff with your wicked spaceship.
- Bomberman: Drop bombs on the baddies.