The team behind the best games hardly anyone played, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, is back with a new adventure that follows the same esoteric style that won Team Ico the love of the devoted, and left others wondering what the return policy for their game was.
If you never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, the trailer for this game might seem utterly bewildering. Both were PS2 exclusives that gained an immediate cult following, and if any games can be called art, the line forms behind Team Ico’s games. If you missed the surreal and beautiful games the first time round, you will have your chance when they are re-released in an HD remastered package for the PS3 in April of 2011.
As for The Last Guardian, the story is typical tale about a boy and his giant dog-bird-thing. As the story begins, Trico discovers the griffin-like creature, who is chained and wounded. Despite its initial hostility towards the boy, the two form a bond.
The Last Guardian is due out for PS3 towards the end of 2011.
- Here’s how to find a ‘Last Guardian’ Easter egg in ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ on PS4
- ‘Doom’ Nintendo Switch update finally adds motion controls
- CryptoCelebs: Famous people who’ve bought the cryptocurrency craze
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- How to use Instagram Stories: Everything you need to know