Black Friday is one of the most advertised shopping holidays of all time. Whether you’re listening to the radio, watching television, or just casually walking down the street, you’ll likely find yourself being bombarded with advertisements for the annual post-Thanksgiving event as it approaches. Which is why it can be so easy to forget the online phenomenon that follows: Cyber Monday.
The deals don’t just suddenly end with the passing of Black Friday, and your excitement about them doesn’t have to either. Cyber Monday is filled with great savings and sales, without the lines and occasional negative social implications that come with Black Friday. If you’re looking to do all of your shopping online rather than in store this year, make sure to bookmark the latest offers all week. We will be scouring the depths of the web to bring you the best Cyber Monday — and Cyber Week — tech deals as they go live all the way through Green Monday.
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday 2018 officially begins on the Monday immediately following Black Friday, so this year it’s on November 26. Cyber Monday has historically been a single day of online discounts, but since online shopping has become so huge in recent years, this shopping holiday has become more of a shopping holi-week. You can expect to see many of the same deals on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday that you will see on Monday. Some advertisers have started referring to this phenomenon as Cyber Week, but not everyone has adopted this new model.
What’s the difference between Cyber Monday and Black Friday?
When it comes to deals and discounts, the two are fairly similar. In the past, Cyber Monday was more focused on online sales while Black Friday has been more about discounts from actual storefronts. Since companies have begun adopting a more cyber friendly business model, however, the two shopping holidays have become largely similar. The exception being that you will still see a lot more ads for Black Friday than Cyber Monday.
There are quite a few deals that will only be available during one or the other, but all of the major players will be covering both.
What kinds of deals will we see on Cyber Monday 2018?
We can’t be entirely sure what will be discounted, but we still have a pretty good idea based on previous Cyber Weeks.
- Amazon will continue many of the same deals they had for Black Friday. Amazon Echo devices, Fire TVs, Fire Tablets, and many other smart home accessories will be on sale.
- Walmart will try to fill the gaps that Amazon is missing. Google Home devices, 4K TVs, laptops, and .
- TVs will be at their lowest prices of the year.
- Huge price drops on laptops will continue, and we may even see some ones not featured in during Black Friday.
- Mobile carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon will continue the great deals on smartphones and plans we saw very early on.
- Video game consoles like the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox will continue to have some steep discounts.
- Smartwatches and other great wearables will be on sale.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best time to buy appliances (and the worst)
- Black Friday 2018: When it happens and where to find the best deals
- The best live TV streaming services: PlayStation Vue, Hulu, Sling TV, and more
- Smooth operator: What can you do with a blender versus a food processor?
- Fortnite ‘dance under different streetlight spotlights’ challenge guide