The master, Stephen Colbert, has the most buzzed about post on Twitter this year. He, along with Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Kanye West, Joe Jonas, fake Alqaeda, and Shitmydadsays, are the most retweeted accounts of the year, according to Twitter’s blog. For your enjoyment, we’ve listed out the top tweets below. Fair warning, most of them are lame.
- @StephenAtHome: In honor of oil-soaked birds, ‘tweets’ are now ‘gurgles.’ (retweeted 37,000 times)
- @drakkardnoir: We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us.
- @liltunechi: Aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk!
- @justinbieber: Te quiero mucho mi amor.
- @alqaeda: Just noticed Twitter keeps prompting me to “Add a location to your tweets”. Not falling for that one.
- @joejonas: I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!!
- @ladygaga: I’m beautiful in my way, ’cause God makes no mistakes. I’m on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way.
- @kanyewest: I’m sorry Taylor.
- @rihanna: Justin Bieber just flashed me his abs in the middle of a restaurant! Wow! He actually had a lil 6 pack! Sexy, lol! #Beliebersplzdontkillme
- @shitmydadsays: Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit.
Here’s one of my favorites: @ConanObrien: I am almost at 2 million Twitter followers! I am going to tell my grandkids about this – right after I explain to them what “Twitter” was.
For more trends of the year, check out Twitter’s top trending topics and Facebook’s top trending status updates. Reading said stories will, at the very least, teach you what HMU means. All the kids are sayin’ it.
- It’s the phone equivalent of a Bentley. So why does the Pixel 3 look like a VW?
- Ryzen shine! AMD’s next CPUs could beat Intel at gaming in 2019
- Save up to $260 on KitchenAid, NutriBullet, and Ninja appliances
- Replaced by robots: 10 jobs that could be hit hard by the A.I. revolution
- The fastest-charging phone we’ve ever tested has a Lamborghini badge