The company is introducing three new Z-Series products, which provide premium sound and speaker design for music lovers and gaming aficionados, plus an entirely new line of X-Series products,developed to offer distinctive design and quality sound at an attractive price. The new speakers are available this fall in U.S. retail outlets and online at http://www.logitech.com/, ranging in price from $29.99 to $199.99.
“Over the past two years, Logitech has achieved market leadership in the high-end multimedia speaker category, with its powerful Z-Series products,” said Ray Weikel, director of product marketing forLogitech’s Audio Business Unit. “More and more people are looking for better-quality sound from their PCs and game consoles. This year, we are expanding our audio family to meet thesedemands, by providing an entire line of products that offer performance and design for every audio environment and every budget.”
Three new Z-Series products join the top-selling Z-Series line – two performance 2.1 systems and a new 5.1 gaming system. All of the products feature Logitech’s polished aluminum phase plug driver, which provides the clarity of a tweeter with the richness and fullness of a separate mid-range driver. Each model also includes a game-console adapter, enabling the system to be used across multiple platforms. Logitech will continue to sell the award winning Z-680 system as its top-of-the-line product. The new Z-Series products include:
Z-3: This 2.1 speaker system brings style and premium sound together in a modern design inspired by popular home audio systems – with real wood and aluminum surfaces. With a suggested retail price of $99.99, the Z-3 offers premium sound features, including:
- Logitech’s patented pressure driver subwoofer technology, which delivers unparalleled distortion-free bass.
- Durable cast-iron satellite stands, and removable grilles.
- A wired remote control that includes a headphone jack, volume and power controls.
- Separate bass level control, to ensure a perfect bass-level balance.
Z-2200: The Z-2200 speaker system offers 200 watts of unparalleled THX-certified audio for discriminating music lovers. These speakers were developed specifically for people who want the sound performance of a Z-680-like system, with the convenience of a 2.1 configuration. The system has a suggested retail price of $149.99 and offers the following features:
- Eight-inch long-throw subwoofer driver with flared bass ports, to pound out powerful, distortion-free bass.
- Rotating satellite pedestals for wall mounting or desk placement, featuring an innovative design with removable grilles.
- A headphone jack for private listening.