From Nikon’s press release:
Today’s digital photographers want more camera, less hassle and great pictures. The new Nikon Coolpix 4100 digital camera answers that call with a host of user-friendly features like Scene Assist and Blur Warning designed to help “get the perfect shot” the first time without relying on a computer to fix mistakes.
The Nikon Coolpix 4100 is a powerful, capable, PictBridge-enabled digital camera that can transfer beautiful pictures directly to compatible printers for prints at sizes of up to 11x 17-inches. Generous 4.0-effective megapixel power, Scene Assist and In-Camera Cropping each work seamlessly together to make creative composition a reality, without sacrificing print quality.
Families and fun-loving digital photographers will love the freedom of shooting wider and cropping tighter with the Coolpix 4100. Nikon now offers digital photographers a simple, affordable new tool to advance their picture-taking capabilities to new levels.
“While megapixels are only a single component in choosing the right digital camera, consumers of all levels have come to demand more out of their own digital photography experience. The popularity of cropping, editing and home printing has driven the need to provide a more powerful and capable camera for the everyday digital snap-shooter,” said Jerry Grossman, vice president of marketing, Nikon Inc. “Now users can shoot, crop and make color changes right in the camera and then send great pictures directly to a printer. The Coolpix 4100 offers a step up to a more powerful point-and-shoot digital camera without sacrificing simplicity, portability and convenience.”
The Nikon Coolpix 4100 offers 4.0-effective megapixels in a compact, comfortable and familiar body. Its size and power make it perfect for anyone who wants to point, shoot, print and share great photos without the hassle of complicated menus and features they will never use. New additions like Blur
Warning make the photographer aware if a shaky hand has affected the sharpness of a shot. Simply choose to keep the shot or snap it again. This diminutive digital powerhouse incorporates Nikon’s renowned enhanced image-processing technology, which gives photographers the freedom to shoot wider, crop in
tighter and make larger prints, without having to sacrifice the quality of the image.
No matter the type or size of a camera, great pictures begin with great lenses. Nikon knows great lenses. In fact, more professionals choose Nikkor lenses than all other brands combined. That very same quality is built into the Nikkor lens of every Nikon Coolpix digital camera, including the Nikon
Coolpix 4100 Features:
- 4.0-effective megapixels, 3x optical Zoom-Nikkor lens,35-105mm, in 35mm equivalent
- 14.5 MB of internal memory and compatibility with SD memory cards
- One function-One button design
- 15 Scene Modes including four with Scene Assist (Portrait, Night portrait, Landscape, Sports); Other Scene Modes (Sunset, Close up, Museum, Beach/Snow, Fireworks show, Back light, Party, Copy, Dusk/Dawn, and Night landscape)
- Panorama Assist Mode
- Red-eye reduction capabilities in conjunction with flash and One-Touch
- Red-Eye Fix software
- Blur Warning alerts user to photos that may not be sharp
- In-camera editing tools such as cropping, 5 color modes (standard color, vivid color, black and white, sepia, and cyanotype) and date imprinting
- AF assist illuminator
- Continuous shooting at approximately 1.5 frames per second (fps.)
- Macro shooting capability as close as 1.6 in. from subject
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) takes a series of shots, then automatically picks and records the sharpest one when you can’t use flash
- Three Movie Modes (with sound), including TV movie (640) at 30fps,Small size (320) at 30 fps, and Smaller size (160) at 15fps
- With an optional 128MB SD card, the recording time for TV playback, camera playback, and extended playback are approximately 223 seconds, 438 seconds, and 1,754 seconds respectively
- PictureProject software for photo management, editing
- Plug-and-play USB interface for smooth connection to a computer (PC and Mac)
- Can be powered by 2 Alkaline AA disposable batteries (supplied) for convenience or 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries (available as accessory)
- Battery life of up to 260 shots
- Offers direct print capability through support of PictBridge and USB Direct Print
- Cameras can display photos directly onto a television via Video Out
The Nikon Coolpix 4100 provides users with all the equipment they need to get started including the new PictureProject photo management software, wrist strap, USB cable, video cable, Li-ion rechargeable battery and quick charger.
The Nikon Coolpix 4100 will have an MSRP of $299.95. The camera will be available nationwide in Summer 2004. For information visit http://www.nikoncoolpix.com.
- What is a DSLR camera and what sets it apart from mirrorless and point-and-shoots?
- The best DSLR cameras you can buy
- Photo FOMO: Nikon’s 3D printer, Canon’s mirrorless push, Pixel 2’s secrets
- Got a new camera? Make the most of it with this camera guide for beginners
- A7R, S, II, or III? Making sense of Sony’s full-frame mirrorless cameras