The NVIDIA Detonator FX is based on the Company’s world-renowned Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)â€”the industry’s only true binary-compatible software architecture. This architecture is built toensure software compatibility and stability, enabling the industry’s most reliable graphics platform.
The NVIDIA Detonator FX drivers deliver significant performance increases and improved image quality, and provide a robust suite of software applications designed to extend and enhance the visual computing experience. Detonator FX provides up to a 30% increase in 3D graphics performance in real-world gaming benchmarks, and works with the entire line of NVIDIA GPUsâ€” from the brand new GeForceâ„¢ FX GPUs, all the way back to the five-year-old TNTâ„¢ GPUs.
â€œNVIDIA’s software advantage is the key driver of customer and developer loyalty,â€ stated Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVIDIA. â€œThe GeForce FX series of GPUs has set the bar for performance, quality, and features, and with the new Detonator FX we are giving our customers a way to get even more performance and features from their existing graphics cards by simply downloading software from our Web site.â€
Along with the increase in rendering performance, Detonator FX delivers improved anisotropic filtering, taking NVIDIA GPUs to new and unmatched levels of image quality. Based on feedback received from industry pundits, NVIDIA’s driver software algorithms deliver crisper, sharper textures, and more vibrant pictures.
â€œAlong with a considerable performance bump in key applications, NVIDIA takes great strides in the image quality department with Detonator FX,â€ said Kyle Bennett, editor in chief of HardOCP (http://www.hardocp.com/). â€œIn my opinion, the image quality NVIDIA delivers with Detonator FX is second to none.â€
Included with the Detonator FX is a complete suite of NVIDIA software applications, including:
- nViewâ„¢ 2.0 multi-display technology â€“ to increase productivity and provide the necessary tools to control the way users access and view applications.
- NVRotateâ„¢ technology â€“ enabling image rotation on today’s advanced flat panel displays.
- NVKeystoneâ„¢ technology â€“ allowing for real-time image correction on portable projectors and heads-up displays
- Digital Vibrance Controlâ„¢ (DVC) 3.0 technology â€“ allowing users to adjust color controls to achieve accurate, brighter colors under all conditions.
Detonator FX offers unmatched support for the OpenGLÂ® and the MicrosoftÂ® DirectXÂ® application program interfaces (APIs)â€”allowing developers to create content that fully leverages the hardware features of NVIDIA GPUs. Detonator FX supports the entire TNT, TNT2, GeForce, GeForce2, GeForce3, GeForce4, and GeForce FX consumer line of GPUs, NVIDIA nForceâ„¢ and NVIDIA nForce2 platform processors, as well as the NVIDIA QuadroÂ®, NVIDIA Quadro2, NVIDIA Quadro4, NVIDIA Quadro DCC and NVIDIA Quadro FX solutions geared for professional workstation users. Through UDA, NVIDIA software drivers are compatible with past, present, and future NVIDIA GPUs, and are top-to-bottom compatible with all currently manufactured versions of NVIDIA GPUs.
The NVIDIA Detonator FX drivers are free of charge, and available for download today at http://www.nvidia.com/drivers.
- 65 inches. 4K. 120Hz. Nvidia’s BFGD is all the monitor you will ever need
- Volkswagen enlists Nvidia’s powerful Xavier chip for autonomous cars
- GeForce Now hands-on preview
- Acer’s new laptops include a liquid-cooled 2-in-1, $250 fanless Chromebook
- Nvidia will no longer publish new drivers for 32-bit systems