In silly news of the day, we have learned that the FBI has made a proposal to the FCC that would require all Internet Providers to rewire their current system in order to make wiretapping accessible to the FBI. Experts claim that if the new proposal were to pass, MSN Messenger, Xbox Live and any voice over Internet protocol would be accessible for wiretapping.
The 85-page document that was submitted to the FCC would require all companies to build a “back door” for the FBI to monitor chatting. New services that did not offer a “back door” would become illegal and old services, such as Xbox Live, would have 15 months to comply.
Big brother is always watching, and this time they are watching little brother on their Xbox…
Read more at Gamers.com
- Microsoft is reportedly rolling out new Xbox One player avatars in April
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- Xbox One S vs. Xbox One X: Is the costly upgrade worth the money?
- Immerse yourself in action with the best Xbox One headsets