Geek Superhero watches your computer for changes, immediately notifying you when a change is made to confirm you want to keep or reject the change. This saves you from lots of headaches.
– Geek Superhero protects your web browser’s home page and other important settings.
– Helps your computer start faster by keeping unnecessary things from starting every time you start Windows.
– Keeps you from having your modem’s phone number changed to dial expensive pay-per-minute numbers when connecting to the Internet!
– Catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer.
– Prevents programs you install from adding new icons or favorites that you don’t want. In the authors testing, installing America Online’s latest software adds 2 programs to run every time Windows starts, adds 5 icons on your desktop, and adds 2 icons in the Quick Launch area. All without ever asking you what you want. Geek Superhero catches all those changes and lets you choose to keep or reject them.
– And many more. There are dozens and dozens of different settings that Geek Superhero watches to protect you.
Geek Superhero helps you prevent worms, hackers, or other malicious programs from invading your computer by letting you easily turn off rarely used Windows features. Features that have had security problems and have been exploited by several worms like MSBlast already.
Geek Superhero improves your web browsing by blocking unwanted popup windows using smart checks to automatically show the windows you want, but block the advertisements you don’t want.
Geek Superhero protects your privacy by blocking “Web Bugs”: tags that are invisibly included on web pages to track you.
Geek Superhero has tools to easily look at all the programs that will start when Windows starts, to let you see where the space is being used on your hard drives, and more!