GigaPan has debuted a new robotic camera capable of creating the world’s largest panoramic photo, with help from renowned photographer Gerald Donovan.
Donovan’s panoramic photo of Dubai is 45-gigapixels and consists of 4,250 individual shots that took roughly 3 ½ hours to complete. It was originally a technical test of the GigaPan Epic Pro system, but anyone interested can view the website and zoom in and out of Dubai through the picture.
The panorama uses the GigaPan Epic Pro mount and a Canon 7D camera, and although the image may appear slightly muddled, Donovan claims that the image quality is a result of the poor air quality in Dubai.
- Open wide: LG G7 ThinQ vs. Huawei Mate 20 Pro vs. Asus ROG Phone
- Camera Shootout: OnePlus 6T vs. Honor 8X vs. Pocophone F1 vs. Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
- We took our seven favorite smartphones to Japan for the ultimate camera shootout
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic 2 Zoom: What’s the real difference?
- Olloclip’s latest smartphone lenses appease the budget-minded and pixel peepers