It’s all part of a competition launched by confectionary giant Nestlé. Called ‘We Will Find You’, it involves GPS chips placed inside six of its big-selling chocolate bars.
Once someone opens one of the lucky bars, the chip will activate and send location information back to Nestlé, who will then despatch a helicopter to find the buyer to present them with a briefcase containing their £10,000 (about $16,000) cash prize.
The fun 30-second promotional video (check it out below) describes how a “crack team of highly trained individuals….will board a helicopter, find the special bar, and give the owner £10,000.”
The marketing campaign, developed by creative agency JWT London, is part of a huge promotion involving ads on TV and radio, as well as online, costing Nestlé around £4 million ($6.5 million).
Any of our UK-based readers feeling lucky, as well as a bit peckish, should consider purchasing one of the following bars (or all of them, many times over): Kit Kat 4 Finger, Kit Kat Chunky, Yorkie and Aero Peppermint Medium.
For more information on the high-tech Willy Wonka-style competition, head over to Nestlé’s Facebook page here.
- Check out these delicious 3D X-ray scans of some classic Easter treats
- With the Chococurb app, you can be the hero this Valentine’s Day
- Do more with your drone: 5 things you can do with a UAV (aside from taking pics)
- Lutron Caseta Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch review
- What is AirBnb? Here’s all you need to know about being a guest or host