The software update provides subscribers with enhancements and improved online functionality including greater access to Web sites, new protocols for MSN Chat and MSN Messenger Service, and added security for online transactions. The automatic download went into effect for all MSN TV subscribers by April 22, 2003.
“The Internet and Web-based standards are constantly changing, and we have developed software enhancements to provide our subscribers with greater access to the Internet as well as improved functionality on some of the most-visited Web sites,” said Julia Schiff, group product manager at MSN TV. “We made these improvements based on valuable user feedback, so now our users can enjoy many of the benefits of the Web sites they visit frequently.”
The MSN TV system from RCA includes an Internet receiver, a wireless keyboard and remote control, and is available for $99 (MSRP) at Best Buy Company Inc. and Circuit City Stores Inc. stores across the United States. More information on MSN TV service, as well as the names and locations of retailers, can be found at http://www.msntv.com/ or by calling (800) 469-3288.
- Best live TV streaming services: PlayStation Vue, Hulu, Sling TV, and many more
- What is Pluto TV? Here’s everything to know about the service
- PlayStation Vue: The master guide to Sony’s internet TV service
- What’s Hulu with Live TV, you ask? Here’s everything you need to know
- What is YouTube TV? Here’s everything you need to know