Although Toshiba Corp stresses that “mobile phones are not the only target for 0.85-inch HDDs,” many see mobile phones to be the big target for HDDs in the one-inch form factor.
Recently, mobile phones that can show TV programs and movies recorded on semiconductor memory cards have been released, and users have more chances of experiencing high-volume data contents. There does seem to be an inevitability of hard drives being built into mobile phones.
In addition to this, manufacturers can expect far greater volume efficiency in mobile phones than in digital cameras or MP3 players, yet another good reason in favor of this move.
Read more at NEAsia Online
- 5 crazy SUVs that make the Lamborghini Urus look ordinary
- Here are our picks for the best high-tech furniture for your home
- TCL looks to meet raised expectations with 5-Series and 6-Series televisions
- Save hundreds with the best MacBook deals for February 2018
- Score a new work laptop and save with the best Chromebook deals