“Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. filed the lawsuit in Tokyo District Court against LG Electronics Inc. and a similar request with Japanese customs authorities on Monday, company spokesman Yoshihiro Kitadeya said from Osaka, where Matsushita is based.
Mr. Kitadeya said Matsushita has been in talks for a year, demanding that South Korea’s LG Electronics pay royalties on two patents he says are being violated in LG’s plasma display panels, or PDPs. No agreement was reached.”
This is the second suit of this type to hit Japan in a year. Samsung has already been sued by Fujitsu in Japan because of patent infringement. The plasma monitor market is definitely heating up and competition gets fiercer and TV prices continue to plummet.
Read more at Globe Technology
- Canon filed more than 3,000 patents in 2017, keeping up a 32-year streak
- LG products powered by A.I. will be tied together under the new ThinQ brand
- LG and SideChef aim to sync recipes with smart home integration
- MicroLED is the new hotness in TVs. But OLED isn’t going anywhere
- LG unveils two patents for foldable smartphones