The new price schedule will be effective May 1, 2003, providing consumers with incentive to purchase the industry’s leading flat panel televisions with unmatched picture quality.
The price reductions are a direct result of enhanced worldwide consumer sales of AQUOS televisions and improved production efficiencies at Sharp’s current and new manufacturing facilities. Starting in May 2003, Sharp will begin to assemble AQUOS Liquid Crystal Televisions from kits (produced in Japan) at its manufacturing facility in Rosarito, Mexico. This will enable Sharp to meet growing demand for AQUOS TVs in North and South America through improved supply chain management. In addition, Sharp will begin full end-to-end production of large screen Liquid Crystal Televisions in sizes over 60-inches at its new facility in Kameyama, Japan, in the first quarter of 2004.
â€œLiquid Crystal Televisions have become one of the biggest growth categories in the consumer electronics industry, with the AQUOS brand leading in global sales,â€ said Bob Scaglione, Vice President of Marketing, Consumer Electronics Group, Sharp. â€œSharp will maintain its leadership position by continuing to offer televisions with the ultimate picture quality and design, and incentives to inspire more customer purchases.â€
Sharp is the global market leader in Liquid Crystal Television* and offers a wider range of Liquid Crystal Televisions than any other manufacturer, including both 4:3 and 16:9 widescreen models in several distinct designs, colors and sizes currently ranging from 10- to 37-inches.
The AQUOS TVs feature Sharp’s proprietary Advanced Super View (ASV) panels with Black TFT low-reflection coating. The ASV panel delivers high brightness, extremely wide (170 degree) viewing angles, and high contrast ratio ranging from 500:1 to 800:1 (on new 37-inch model). New HDTV-compatible 30- and 37-inch AQUOS models give consumers an attractive, higher performance alternative to plasma televisions.
New manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP), effective May 1, 2003, are as follows.
Widescreen Series â€“ 22-, 30- and 37-inch AQUOS with 16:9 aspect ratio
- The 37-inch model, LC-37HV4U, will be available later this month for an MSRP of $7,499.95.
- The 30-inch model, LC-30HV4U, is available for an MSRP of $4,499.95.
- The 22-inch model, LC-22SV2U, is available for an MSRP of $2,499.95.
B Series AQUOS Liquid Crystal Television
Sharp’s B-Series AQUOS line boasts the traditional sleek body with wide side speakers in a choice of colors.
- The 13-inch models, LC-13B2UA (silver) and LC-13B2UB (black), are available for an MSRP of $649.95.
- The 15-inch models, LC-15B2UA (silver) and LC-15B2UB (black), are available for an MSRP of $899.95.
- The 20-inch models, LC-20B2UA (silver) and LC-20B2UB (black), are available for an MSRP of $1,499.95.
PC Card Slot Series AQUOS Liquid Crystal Television
The PC Card Slot series is equipped with a built in PCMCIA card slot. The slot allows users to display digital pictures from a removable storage card, transforming the television into a â€œdigital picture frame.â€
- The 15-inch model, LC-15B1U, is available for an MSRP of $1,199.95.
- The 20-inch model, LC-20B1U, is available for an MSRP of $1,799.95.
E Series AQUOS Liquid Crystal Television
This sleekly styled TV is ideal for custom installations, featuring speakers on the bottom of the TV, instead of the sides.
- The 13-inch models, LC-13E1U (silver), LC-13E1UB (black) and LC-13E1UW (white), are available for an MSRP of $599.95.
- The 15-inch models, LC-15E1U (silver), LC-15E1UB (black) and LC-15E1UW (white), are available for an MSRP of $799.95.
- The 20-inch models, LC-20E1U (silver), LC-20E1UB (black) and LC-20E1UW (white), are available for an MSRP of $1,399.95.
View $100 rebate on AQUOS models in 13-, 15- and 20-inch screen sizes- available until April 30, 2003.