The report of a $45 million investment by Intel was the second to surface recently.
Verghese Thomas, Intel’s communications manager in India, said the report carried in India’s Economic Times “is pure speculation, and currently there are no plans to set up a manufacturing facility in India.”
Still, speculation that Intel is at least considering a test and assembly facility in India is unlikely to end any time soon. Senior industry executives have in recent weeks been speaking of what they see as Intel’s genuine interest in manufacturing in India. Intel currently has only a software development center here employing about a 1,000 engineers. Software development for a next-generation processor for servers is one of the activities being carried out here.
Read more at EETimes
- A specific text character can crash iPhones or start a continuous reboot loop
- What’s the true value of bitcoin? A Morgan Stanley analyst says it may be zero
- WhatsApp users are experiencing New Year’s Eve outages
- Dyson may launch a trio of electric cars starting in 2020
- Apple may postpone some major new iOS features until 2019