“HDTV stands for High Definition Television. It is a digital format that provides an extremely high-resolution picture (2.1 million pixels), accompanied by digitally enhanced sound (Dolby Digital surround sound) all presented in widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio). HDTV refers to the TV itself and the broadcast method (over a digital network), and the way a particular show or movie is produced.
The ultimate viewing experience is achieved when all these aspects of HDTV come together; a show or movie that is produced using high definition technology, is transmitted via an HDTV television signal (from an HDTV channel), and enjoyed on an HDTV television (preferably as part of a total home theater package. The Philips Store offers a wide range of DVD layers, audio, and televisions to help you put together the perfect high definition experience. “
Read the full guide at eCoustics
- They’re smart AF, and Nvidia’s monstrous BFGD monitors are a BFD
- The best indoor HDTV antennas you can buy
- Watch the big game and save some cash with these digital TV antenna deals
- The Best Netflix Original Movies: ‘Okja,’ ‘Gerald’s Game,’ and More
- Raphael Saadiq talks about his new album, Oscar nomination, and ‘Black Panther’