The DLA-HD2K projector incorporates a new full HD resolution D-ILA (Direct-Drive Image Light Amplifier) device that produces images with superior clarity and resolution.
The projector accepts a diverse range of video sources including analog television broadcasts, HDTV signals from broadcast satellite (BS) and terrestrial digital television broadcasts, and standard definition (SD) images from DVD players. All images are projected at full HD (1920×1080; 2.1 mega-pixels) resolution to produce precise, even picture quality that enables consumers to reproduce the cinematic experience at home.
1. New D-ILA* Full HD Device Delivers Superior Clarity and Resolution
The DLA-HD2K projector uses three 0.8-inch D-ILA devices developed by JVC to produce full HD (1920×1080; 2.1 mega-pixels) resolution images for impeccable reproduction quality. JVC’s proprietary D-ILA technology results in even, clear images that virtually eliminate the “grid”. D-ILA technology also employs analog gradation to achieve vivid color reproduction. The resulting film-like images are notable for their high contrast and deep black levels showing minimal loss of detail.
* For more information about D-ILA technology, please refer to the page 5.
2. New Optical Engine Produces High Contrast Demanded by Home Theater Applications
- New Optimum Color Illumination System optimizes the “F” value of red, green and blue (RGB) components to drastically reduce dissipation in the light path that leads to loss of contrast.
- New Dynamic Square Aperture projection lens features an all-glass, all-aluminum barrel construction. By optimizing the aperture to the zoom position, the new projection lens delivers the same level of high contrast from tele to wide.
- 250 watt extra-high pressure mercury lamp reduces power consumption and running costs.
3. System Component Construction Featuring Separate Projection Head and Digital Video Processor
The DLA-HD2K projector utilizes a system component construction featuring a separate projection head and digital video processor unit. Connected by a digital signal cable, the component design eliminates signal deterioration caused by digital-to-analog (D/A) and analog-to-digital (A/D) conversion, and results in a sleeker design requiring just one digital signal cable.
4. Faroudja Digital Video Processor Performs 1080/60p Upconversion for All Images
The DLA-HD2K projector’s digital processor unit employs a digital video processor manufactured by U.S.-based Faroudja, a leader in large-screen image processing technology. The Faroudja processor maximizes the performance of the new D-ILA full HD device by upconverting all images to 1080/60p resolution. The resulting signal is digitally sent to the projection head to produce full HD resolution output from all sources including analog broadcasts, digital high definition (1080i) images, and SD (480i) resolution devices such as DVD players.
The DLA-HD2K D-ILA Home Theater Projection System meets the demand for a high definition projection system capable of supporting today’s high resolution digital content. In combination with the prevalence of home DVD players and the recent introduction of BS and terrestrial digital broadcasting, users can now bring the full power of the cinema into their own homes.
The high performance DLA-HD2K projector addresses many of the common complaints found in other projection systems by minimizing the “grid” or “screen door effect” that results from low resolution quality. The DLA-HD2K projector produces film-like quality with fluid images and faithful color reproduction, and supports a diverse range of high resolution image sources at full HD resolution output. The use of JVC’s proprietary D-ILA high resolution projection technology and Faroudja i/p scaling technology ensures faithful reproduction quality and natural, cinema-like image quality.
The DLA-HD2K projector is the flagship model in JVC’s lineup of home theater products and is designed for home theater users that seek the utmost in picture quality.
Pictures and discussion can be found here: