Sony updates its PSX series with new models DESR-7100 (250GB HDD) and DESR-5100 (160GB HDD).
Sony introduced the PSX DESR-5000 adn DESR-7000 in October 2003.
The new PSX models feature improvements mostly in the DVD menus and video recording area. The DESR-5100 is also available in Silver in a limited number.
Sony has also taken the opportunity of an update to add an analog satellite TV tuner along with technology to improve the reception quality on the existing terrestrial analog tuner – essentially to minimise or remove ‘ghosting’. Sony also appears to have added a range of extra video recording modes to maximise the amount of programming that can be stored on the PSX’s hard drive.
- Sony’s Xperia XZ2 smartphones have better Super Slow Motion than the Galaxy S9
- Sony a9, now with updated firmware, is a speed demon in a race against DSLRs
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Sony Xperia XZ Pro could be among first phones with the Snapdragon 845 chip
- Sony’s ‘entry-level’ A7 III full-frame camera is anything but basic