Microsoft has released its fiscal data for the year, and sales of the Xbox 360 are solid, and continue to grow (despite high failure rates). If the sales continue as they have been, the Xbox 360 should reach the 50 million milestone late this year or early 2011.
The Examiner.com has broken down the cumulative Xbox 360 sales numbers by year.
• FY 2005-2006 – 5.0 million
• FY 2006-2007 – 11.6 million
• FY 2007-2008 – 20.3 million
• FY 2008-2009 – 31.4 million
• FY 2009-2010 – 40.2 million
Sony and Nintendo have not released their most recent sales figures, but as of last December, the PS3 had sold 33.5 million units, while the Wii has sold over 67 million. Of the three, the PS3 was selling the most units per month when the last numbers were released.
- Turbulent 2018 didn’t keep Huawei from selling millions and millions of phones
- Data breach compromises 773 million records, 21 million passwords
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ gallops to record-setting $725 million opening weekend
- Can Microsoft’s Airband Initiative close broadband gap for 25M Americans?
- The highest-paid YouTuber is currently a 7-year-old kid