Somewhere along the way, the Uncharted series went from being a fun series that were liked, to one of the PS3’s biggest hits. The first game was considered a success, but the second game surpassed it in almost every way, quickly becoming one of the “must have” PS3 titles, and winning several “Game of the Year” . Sony then decided to push forward with a movie adaptation written and directed by David O. Russell, who may be on the way to an Oscar nod for his recently released flick The Fighter (although new reports suggest that the movie may be on hold while Russell pursues another project). In other words, the series got really big, really quickly.
So it is not an exaggeration to say that the news of Uncharted 3 was met with a fair amount of excitement. Last week the first details of the sequel—including the name–were released, but at the VGAs this weekend, Naughty Dog did us one better and released both a full trailer including gameplay, and the release date for the game.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will bring us back to the world of modern day Indiana Jones, Nathan Drake, as he heads to the Arabian Desert in search of the fabled Atlantis of the Sands. The game will also feature a heavy online emphasis as the previous game did.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will be released as a PS3 exclusive on November 1, 2011 (or 11/1/11).
- Ryo Hazuki returns as ‘Shenmue I & II’ launches on PS4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Outkast set a high bar for hip-hop. Duo Rae Sremmurd wants to clear it
- ‘Alto’s Odyssey’ aims to amplify adventure, without sacrificing serenity
- Report: ‘Battlefield V’ will only have cosmetic microtransactions